Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Blessings

Kurt and I made a spur of the moment decision to go to Maine for the weekend.  It was nice to get away for a couple of days, and so relaxing! It was great to visit his family and spend some time together. We girls went shopping on Saturday and Kurt and his father went to shoot Kurt's gun. We spent the rest of the afternoon together and some friend stopped by in the evening to play games. Church together on Sunday, then out to lunch at the 99.

It's Monday again. Weekends seem to be flying by lately! But I am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving. Kurt and I both have a 4 day weekend, which is so exciting! He is trying to talk me into going out EARLY (I'm talking long before the rooster crows) in the morning to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. (It's true) I don't think it is such a good idea? Anyone have a good or bad experience with that idea that wants to let me know if it is such a good idea?  ha ha

It is so beautiful outside. Every fallen leaf reminds me of eaching blessing God has sent down to me. I am so thankful for the lessons He has taught me over the past year, and am learning to be thankful for every trial and pain he has allowed to happen in my life. If I focus on His blessings, the hurt will never take over the joy of being His daughter.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
                                                                                                 Galatians 5:22-23
 

No comments:

Post a Comment